with 26 years of experience in client/server testing, systems
monitoring and application, infrastructure design, and cost
Dell Inc., Round Rock, Texas
November 2010 - June 2012
Enterprise Technical Support Analyst
Usability Sciences Corp., Irving, Texas
- Enterprise Engineer in the Virtualization Group.
- Excellent working knowledge of Dell Servers, Blade
Servers, Cloud Servers, Storage Arrays, and PowerConnect
- Provided solutions with VMware vMotion, Storage vMotion,
Storage DRS, High Availability, Fault Tolerance,
Fibre/iSCSI storage setup.
- Specialized in VMware vSphere 4, vSphere 5, Citrix
XenServer and SAN analysis.
- Lead the team in customer satisfaction surveys.
- Presented to external management teams the
Virtualization Group and the solutions we offer.
October 2003 - June 2010
Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, Washington
- Installed, configured, tested, and deployed completely
new Active Directory infrastructure including Exchange
2007, ISA Server 2006, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server
2008 Hyper V, DFS, VPN, and FTP; increased uptime to 99.9%
- Converted Developers internal testing lab to Virtual
Machines running on ESXi 3.5, then upgraded to ESXi 4.
- Developed plan to acquire hardware for new
infrastructure, ensure proper provisions for storage, and
install; led employee training to explain changes and
requirements for documentation.
- Verified compatibility of new systems with existing
- Administered project budget of roughly $50,000, in
addition to annual software/hardware budget of around
- Supported employees in labs by setting up servers,
kiosks, firewalls, Web servers, and recording solutions.
- Oversaw facility expansion from 7,000 to 18,000 square
feet, liaising with general contractor and verifying
appropriate provisions for electrical and computer
- Sole Engineer to convert in-house laboratories from
analog to digital systems and equipment; gained
management’s buy-in for change and expenditure, enhanced
quality, and improved efficiency in lab areas.
January 1999 - September 2003
Software Test Engineer
Fort Wayne National Corporation, Fort
- Created, updated, and executed test case outlines to
locate defects within operating system.
- Developed clear, complete bug reports and saw bug issues
through to resolution and closure.
- Monitored four public news groups for errors and user
- Redesigned standard bug layout for use by five teams,
improving clarity, conciseness, flow, and
user-friendliness of form.
- Reviewed Windows Server 2003 component test plans
written by other teams and made changes/recommendations
according to continuous improvement philosophy.
- Supervised 10 contract testers and trained five new
internal employees, delivering presentations designed to
increase testing abilities.
- Created, customized, and implemented technical training
program for incoming contractors; documented practices and
procedures, thereby reducing training time to two weeks
from four weeks.
- Handled installation, configuration, setup, and user
training for RLX Technologies Blade Servers.
- Designed, documented, and administered network load
balanced, terminal services servers for Windows 2000 ship
cycle; server cluster consisted of six production
machines, whereas none had been running previously.
- Achieved server uptime of 99.9% with 172 unique users.
- Increased bug count by 9% in new environment.
- Developed first plan to test Personal Terminal Services
(PTS) now built into Windows XP; PTS team extended coding
and increased quality of product because of awareness of
- Tested more than 75 applications for Windows 2000 and
2003 terminal services.
March 1992 - December 1998
March 1997 - December 1998
- Managed Baker Hill Project.
- Set up Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Servers; designed and
implemented rollout plan to more than 300 client PCs; and
served as lead analyst for problem resolution.
- Collected and analyzed data from participating
department members, diagnosed problem areas, and
coordinated resources to resolve issues.
- Recommended improvements and reviewed and tested all new
- Served as assistant project manager for TCP/IP
installation on OS/2.
January 1994 - March 1997
- Oversaw DIGITAL VAX 4700, two Novell 3.12 Servers, and
85 client PCs.
- Designed operators’ manual; co-authored Disaster
- Tested new applications for system compatibility.
- Negotiated hardware acquisition and support agreements
for all DEC equipment.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Associate: # V2G1R29KHFBQQM5B
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner: # PDBKCLV2LBVQ1294
VMware Certified Professional 5 (VCP 5): # 120649
Active T3 Public Trust: Favorably Adjudicated
AWS CloudTrail, AWS CloudWatch, AWS
Elastic Ips, Security Groups
Lambda scripts, DUO.com MFA security
S3 Bucket encryption, Amazon Machine Images (AMI)
Application Load Balancers, AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
AWS Key Management Service (KMS), Identity and Access
Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance
DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs)
VMware vSphere 3.5 to 6.5, VMware vCloud Director
Microsoft Server 2000 up to Microsoft Server 2019
AWS Cloud Architect, AWS Cloud Engineer
AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Solutions Engineer
AWS Infrastructure Engineer, AWS Systems Engineer
SAN, iSCSI, Fibre, DAS, NAS, SCSI, SAS, SATA, BeOS